Wednesday, June 29, 2011

To monetize or not?

A lot of bloggers are now monetizeing there blog as a way to make extra money. I am all for this. I think it is a great idea.

Some ways to do this are to sign up as an affiliate for companies and post there banners on your website or blog. The best places to do this if you are using a blog are blogger and wordpress. Also if you start making money from it and want a domain they make it easy to set up.

Then you can just add the banner to your sidebar and anyone who clicks on it and makes purchases will go towards a percentage for you.

Another thing you can do is to sing up to receive free products for review. Companies will send you a free product and then you just write a review about there product or company and post links to it in your blog.

It might take a while to start making money from these things. Another way to make money from your blog or website is to create e-books. If you know a lot about something then you can write an e-book on the subject and offer it on your website or blog for a minimal fee. You don't have to pay tons of money to self publish it or go through all the hassle of having a publishing company pick it up.

You can release an e-book on a number of sites. I have put some on lulu.com which is a self publishing site. You can also post anything on there for downloading like pictures or music for example.


blurb.com also has self publishing and you can publish e-books on there as well.

6 comments:

  1. I've heard of lulu.com. I wasn't sure what it was though. Now I know! The e-books sound like a great way for a writer to get their start!
    I'm a new follower on GFC and Net Blogs!
    Hope you'll hop by and visit my blog too!
    Have a great rest of the week!
    nancy
    http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following and the comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these ideas, especially the e-book. The affiliate marketing is also interesting. Is there a link you would recommend to sign up to become an affiliate?

    Really informative post. Thank you. I'm a happy new follower. Dropped in from SITS.

    Mila from http://hereundertherainbow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Mila for the comment. I think linkshare is a great program. They have a lot of companies on there that you can sign up with.

    http://www.linkshare.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christina,

    You seem to be on your way! There are so many ways to monetize and as you move along your journey you find even more ways, I am. I just have to implement them (er, get off my butt, lol).

    Good post!

    ~Allie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Allie I appreciate the comment. I have some ideas to monetize my blog and am always looking for more ways.

    ReplyDelete