I decided to write this post because I've been using tumblr for a while now. When thinking about what sites I would use professionally and which ones I would use for fun.
I like tumblr because:
1. They have nice layouts
2. you can follow people with one click on the follow button
3. You can reblog posts you like and heart posts you like
4. They have really cool pictures
5. You can password protect a blog
What I dislike about tumblr:
1. Hard to follow with no tumblr account
2. Hard to comment unless person adds Disqus
3. They don't have an option to get your own domain you have to set it up through another site
4. Better for micro blogging meaning twitter type posts and pictures
5. You can't delete a blog individually you have to delete you whole account
Overall I like tumblr for writing twitter type posts and pictures.
It's not good for writing long posts or if you want to make money from blogging.

Thanks for this most helpful and well thought out review. I appreciate the pros and cons.
ReplyDeleteFrom your criteria, it seems Blogger is still a better fit for my blog. Appreciate your research.
I'm glad my review of tumblr was helpful for you.
ReplyDelete