Tuesday, July 5, 2011

What we like and Don't like about posterous

So I just tried posterous. I heard it was all the rage for being a new blogging site so I thought I would give it a go. First I'll start with what I like about it:

You can connect to any blog and social network so that everything gets updated at once. Other blogging sites are not quite up to date on this feature. You can post your blogspot posts through networked blogs on facebook. You can post to twitter and facebook through wordpress. You can post to twitter and facebook through tumblr. But, not other sites. Sometimes I wish wordpress had a thing so I could automatically update tumblr.

It would be nice if you could automatically update everything from blogger too. Without having to go to networked blogs to do so.

You can post to posterous through e-mail so that is great for on the go people who usually use there phone to post to there blog. I would rather do it manually to be honest and I don't have a high tech phone I can really do that with anyway. It's a pain to use the web on my phone so most of the time I don't even bother to go on it or use e-mail on my phone.

I also like the import feature so you can import from just about any site. Have a blogger, wordpress, or tumblr and want to import from there you can. Tumblr still does not have the import feature although you can link to your RSS feed but if you have to delete your domain for some reason you can't import it to another tumblr site. That's a feature I like about blogger and wordpress and posterous.

What I don't like about it is that first of all it seems to take forever to load.

There are not many theme options to choose from although I'm sure they will get more choices in the future.

You can't add Java script the same as with wordpress. I know on wordpress you can get it if you pay for hosting.

That's where blogger and tumblr are nice because you can add javascript and don't have to pay anything to do so.

You can also have a private blog. I'm not sure if this means it is totally private or only private except for the people you choose who can view it. Almost all the sites have some sort of privacy feature now.

I won't give up on posterous but I did for today since it took forever to load. I'm not a patient person. Maybe when I have more time to wait around for it to load then I can look around some more.

No comments:

Post a Comment